Garner Products - HD-3WXL IRONCLAD - Erasure Verification System with a 10,000 Gauss field, the HD-3WXL completely erases all data on hard drives and tapes in under 6 seconds. IRONCLAD automatically generates a certificate and report to prove it! Garner is the only brand of degaussers and destroyers with IRONCLAD, an erasure and destruction verification system that automatically captures a JPG image of the hard drive immediately after it is degaussed and generates a proof-of-destruction certificate for audit and archival purposes. Manufacturer Limited one-year warranty, optional three-year warranty available.
See Product Video (YouTube)
See Product Brochure (PDF)
IRONCLAD® Erasure and Destruction Verification System
Garner's exclusive IRONCLAD Erasure and Destruction Verification System automatically captures a JPG image of the hard drive immediately after it is degaussed and generates an exportable proof-of-destruction certificate for audit and archival purposes.
Record Detail Screen
HD-3WXL IRONCLAD Benefits & Features
- 10,000 Gauss completely erases all data on hard drives in ~ 6 seconds
- Generate audit reports of destruction, including JPG images, operator ID, witness ID, date/time, location and serial numbers of hard drives
- Secure password-protected system
- Informs operator and records the erasure results immediately after each cycle with green "Pass" or red "Fail"
- Generates exportable IRONCLAD erasure report with images in PDF, CSV, and Excel file formats for audit and archival purposes (Provides a searchable, verified database to satisfy auditors)
- Operates in 2 modes: "Verification Mode" with prompts for new operators; and "Processing Mode" for faster processing
- Operates off a standard wall outlet
- Can be installed on existing HD-3WXL models from 2015 forward that are equipped with USB ports
Best Practices: Degauss Before you Destroy
- Physical destruction of hard drives alone leaves data behind (ie. shredding, crushing, piercing, bending)
- High-volume HD-3WXL degausser completely eliminates all data on the disc platters
- After degaussing, physical destruction from the PD-5 gives visual confirmation that the hard drive has been securely processed and is ready to leave the controlled environment for disposal or shredding
Note: Solid-state media cannot be degaussed. Physical destruction of the media with the SSD-1 solid-state destroyer is recommended prior to the media leaving its secure environment
Degauss vs. Overwrite
Overwriting is a method where a random pattern of usually "1" and "0" is written to every part of the drive, frequently three times, to obliterate the underlying data. The advantage of this method is the drive can be re-used. The disadvantages are: it takes a skilled operator to ensure the overwriting is done correctly; non-functioning sectors of the hard drive cannot be overwritten allowing data to remain on the drive; it takes a considerable amount of time-hours, and therefore electricity; and it is not regarded as failsafe, or permissible for the highest data security standards such as the NSA, CIA, or DoD.
Degaussing is the process of exposing the media to a strong magnetic field of sufficient strength to magnetically destroy the data. The advantages of degaussing are: a skilled operator is not required to operate a degausser; the magnetic field destroys the all data on the drive in approximately 1/10 of a second regardless of whether the drive is functioning or non-functioning; and degaussing is recognized by the NSA and DoD as an appropriate method of secure data destruction. The disadvantage of degaussing is the hard drive cannot be re-used.
Laptop Hard Drive Carrier
Secure and Compliant
The HD-3WXL will help you satisfy the most stringent government and industry standards, including:
- California Senate Bill 1386
- DoD Up to Secret Classification
- GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
- GLBA (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act)
- HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act)
- IRS 1075
- NIST SP 800-88r1
- PCI DSS 3.2 (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard)
- PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act)
Hard drives erased with the HD-3WXL have been tested and verified by hard drive manufacturers, information recovery companies, and private forensic laboratories, which independently confirmed that no data was recoverable.
The HD-3WXLE is independently tested and certified to meet CE standards for safety and compatibility worldwide.
- Optional Packages
For even greater destruction security add our NSA EPL-listed PD-4 Hard Drive Destroyer that bends, breaks, and mangles hard drives or our NSA EPL-listed PD-5 Hard Drive and Solid-State Memory Destroyer that destroys magnetic, solid state, solid-state hybrid, flash, and thumb drives.
Data Eliminator Cart - Learn More
Your choice of destruction equipment securely mounts to the cart creating a comprehensive mobile media sanitization solution.
Degauss Destroy Recycle Workstations - Learn More
Locking storage compartment allows you to securely store media awaiting processing.
DDM Degauss and Destroy Mobility Options - Learn More
Gain mobility while satisfying stringent security requirements by pairing a transport case with your custom selection of destruction products.
DD Degauss Destroy Paclkages - Learn More
Create a package with our industry leading hard drive degaussers and destroyers that fit your data security need.
SW-2 Secure Workstation - Learn More
Lets you create a destruction workstation in our custom-configured SW-2 Table featuring a locked storage compartment for securely storing media awaiting erasure.
Recycle Bun - Learn More
Large blue recycle bin makes it easy to store media that has been destroyed and ready to be recycled.
Media Bins - Learn More
Color-coded media bins. The red bin is labeled “Media to be Degaussed” and the yellow bin is labeled “Degaussed Media”.
Degaussed Labels - Learn More
Sold in packs of 1,000 labels.
HD-3WXL IRONCLAD Specifications
- Part Number: HD-3WXL IRONCLAD HD-3WXLE IRONCLAD
- HD-3WXLE • IRONCLAD: CE
- Magnetic Field: 1 Tesla (10,000 Gauss) nominal
- Erasure Verification
- Storage Capacity: 16 GB
- Degausser throughput (per hour): Erases up to 3,600 (1.8 in.) hard drives, Erases up to 1,440 (2.5 in.) hard drives, Erases up to 180 (3.5 in.) hard drives, Degausser with IRONCLAD throughput (per hour)l Erases up to 142 hard drives
Hard drives: Hard drives up to 1.7 in. high including full height, standard and laptop drives
Tape media: All LTO, all DLT, 3490, 9940, 3592, AIT, and others
- HD-3WXL: 100~130VAC ±5%, 50/60 Hz*, HD-3WXLE: 220~240VAC ±5%, 50/60 Hz* *Factory configurable
- IRONCLAD: 90-240VAC, 47-440Hz
- HD-3WXL: During standby: 36W, During charge: 300W avg., During erase: 36W, IRONCLAD:15W
- 41°F - 104°F (5°C - 40°C)
10%H - 40%H Without condensation
- HD-3WXL IRONCLAD: 80 lbs. (36.5 kg.)
- Control head: 4 lbs (1.8 kg.)
This is not a shipping weight
Overall Dimensions (HxWxD)
- 18.9 x 13.3 x 13 (in.)
- 480 x 338.6 x 328.9 (mm)
- 18.9 x 22.8 x 13 (in.)
- 480 x 578.1 x 328.9 (mm)
With IRONCLAD Image Capture System:
- 18.9 x 25 x 13 (in.)
- 480 x 638 x 328.9 (mm)
- HD-3WXL: One-year manufacturer’s limited warranty standard, optional three-year limited warranty available
- HD-3WXLE • IRONCLAD: One-year manufacturer’s limited warranty standard
- Scanner: Ninety-day manufacturer’s limited warranty standard
Made in U.S.A.
- By Garner Products, Inc.
Product and pricing may be subject to change and availability. Additional technical product information available upon request. Actual product may be slightly different from the image as displayed herein. Please check with the manufacturers’ links above for full product information, representations and warranty information. For quantity orders, please call for a pricing refresh, delivery availability and combined shipping discount. T3's I.T. eShoppe Express makes no additional claims and/or representations beyond stated manufacturer description and warranty. Please keep in mind that the dimensions and weights below are for shipping purposes - not actual product dimensions. Please check product technical specifications prior to ordering. Due to product weight, all Garner Products will be directly dropped shipped from the manufacturer's location, and shipping associated expenses are non-refundable either way.
T3 Corporation is an authorized Garner Products, Inc., Federal and Local Government VAR and Commercial Reseller. For more information please contact us.
Inquiries or to Request a Quote
Corporate and Retail - Email Product Sales | GSA, Federal and Military - Email GSA Sales | Technical and Customer Support - 866-T3-CORP1